This is the official page for the GrayThieves Guild in Castle Clash (Android). Here is the quick summary:
- We usually beat the level 3 boss in about 3 minutes. We only fight that boss (aka T3) now.
- Please read our boss fight strategy guide and our torch battle page so you do the most possible damage.
- Our daily boss fight schedule is:
- MTThF and Sun at 22:00 server time (10p NYC time, 3a UTC/GMT). Check this timezone converter to figure out what time this is for you.
- SATURDAYS AND WEDNESDAYS at 21:00 server time (9p NYC time, 2a GMT/UTC). It’s tough to find a time that works for most members. :(
- Our Torch Battles are WEDNESDAYS and SATURDAYS at 20:45 server time, just before the Sun/Wed boss fights.
- We ask that you donate 35 shards/month right now to fund our growth, while many guilds charge 100+ shards/week! Those shards aren’t lost, either – they become guild credits that you can use to buy flags and skip the cooldown after a boss fight round.
- If you participate in a boss fight, we also expect you to throw in 20-100 shards depending on how strong you are. If you are a top player and you score the #1 slot, you’ll earn plenty of HBs and we expect you to kick in about 100 shards to help pay for the boss fight. Of course, if you’re hard up, you can make it up the next time.
- We have flags! Get one or 3 in the Guild Hall under Flag. Gives you a 15% boost to gold and mana you earn on a raid. Use it like magic.
- Need shards, gold, mana, XP, gems, heroes? Want to know how to design your base? See below.
- We have a new Facebook page!
- These members are at risk for expulsion (not playing regularly, don’t show up for boss fights, and/or have not donated their share of shards after 30 days of membership) and should contact me: no one at the moment.
We are CONSISTENTLY beating the boss. Boss fights yield HBs if you participate, and they don’t cost you anything personally. Here’s our strategy on how to beat the Castle Clash boss fight. Shard donations power the guild, but we don’t want this guild to be expensive.
It’s much easier now to earn shards with the “Here Be Monsters” minigame. Click on the swirling blue portal (above and left of your base) to start. This sends five waves of computer raiders at your base, and you earn a lot of XP (about 2x a typical raid, 2.5x a typical hard dungeon) and gold for each wave you survive. Like Arena, your heroes can be dead from a raid and still participate in HBM. Don’t worry, they don’t actually take resources and the only damage done if you get wiped is that you have to rebuild your army. Even heroes garrisoned in your towers get an equal share of XP from these battles. However, if your tower heroes are capped (can’t earn XP because they haven’t been upgraded), then consider pulling them out of your towers before starting the challenge because they will drain XP from the heroes who could use the XP.
Flags are cool and we plan on ALWAYS having them available. Originally flags were 4x more expensive. Now it’s one flag per guild credit (you get one credit per shard you donate). A flag per shard is not bad; one Riches I flag would earn you an extra 15,000 gold and 15,000 mana on a raid that otherwise would net 150,000 of each. There is currently a Riches flag hoard in the Guild so get one or three! (Click FLAG and then the “1$” button. If you have upgraded your guild hall, you can buy and store several.) Riches flags work like spells; just select it and click anywhere on the ground during a raid to get a 10% gold and mana bonus on your winnings. Just make sure you get some winnings during that raid. Apparently IGG is working on a “Troop Talent” guild benefit, so stay tuned for that.
We shall grow in number, our steel and our spells a song of doom across the lands. GrayThieves shall be known from sea to mountaintop as remorseless juggernauts whose path behind them is scorched earth. We shall massacre, conquer, and utterly destroy all who oppose us, until the very name GrayThieves lives in whispers of legends. And we’ll also be friendly and helpful to those who don’t oppose us, ‘cuz mean people suck.
Tips and Advice
Some quick advice:
- Don’t spend HBs on anything except leveling up heroes.
- Don’t spend gems on anything except getting new heroes. This gives a decent chance at getting legendary heroes (although I’ve never scored one).
- Primarily attack “blue tower” dungeons so you earn shards. Use shards to purchase legendary heroes. I like to attack weaker dungeons with heroes only so I don’t lose any time training new troops.
- Heroes are compared on this Wikia page, which has stats at the bottom.
- Get a druid as soon as you can. He’s a real difference-maker on raids and in the arena.
- To keep your might low, consider not leveling up vaults and mana mills. Instead level up your bases, heroes, troop types, and magic. If you have lower might, you are matched against weaker foes on raids… and weaker foes will arrive to attack you. Drakilla notes that this means you won’t be as successful with Here Be Monsters, and of course you’ll get fewer benefits from the Might rankings (click on your might at the top left to see them).
- Like Arena, your heroes don’t need to be alive to defend in HBM or fight in the boss fight.
- You MAY be able to play on a PC using BlueStacks, a free Android emulator (search for it). Chatting and signing up for the “free gems” offers (if you do that) is a lot easier with a full keyboard but IGG has been rumbling about blocking emulator play.
- I’m currently using a 50-50 mix of dragons and shotgunners for raiding, with a handful of mechas (for wallbusting). 90% griffins is tempting because they can fly in and take out vaults, but it makes you vulnerable to archer-based raiders. How about you? Comment below.
- If you have excess gold you want to bank out of the grasp of raiding players, buy flag decorations at 200K each, and sell them when you need gold for 100K each.
- If you have excess mana you can also try to overqueue your army camps. Add tons of dragons to your queue. Works better if you already have a few troops built. You can stash a few extra thousand mana out of reach. I just went to a full camp and added 10 dragons to the queue. It charged me 67000 mana that will be out of reach of the raiders and I can cancel those troops to get the mana back.
- I have a theory that the players you attack in Arena are the ones you see most. Don’t attack Arena foes with legendary hero avatars unless you want to see them often. And you probably don’t because they’re usually stronger. Pick the guy with the Angel or Cyclops avatar because he’s less likely to have Legendary heroes.
- Keep a list of Arena foes and their formations so you can beat them without having to launch an exploratory attack that may or not succeed… and know what your chances are going in.
- You earn HBs in Arena faster by having high rank, but it’s even faster if you are constantly winning Arena battles. I usually use my first 3 Arena chances on low-ranking foes, and the last 2 on getting the highest rank possible.
- Sometimes you can get into a “bad neighborhood” in Arena where all five of your potential foes are way too strong. If that happens to you, consider making your Arena defense temporarily weaker so you get defeated by weaker opponents and moved to a weaker neighborhood where you can pick up some quick HBs.
- All heroes deployed in a dungeon split the XP equally (I checked), even if they are deployed late and never attack at all. Popping a weak new hero into a high-level battle is a good way to raise up her strength quickly. Troops do not affect XP earning. Healers like the druid and angel can defeat some levels solo so they can be quite easy to level up fast.
- How much gold and mana do you earn in a raid? 25% of the actual value if you find your target randomly… and a mere 5% if you find them through the player rankings (trophy cup icon, bottom right).
Please comment below if you have any questions or suggestions.
- Great Info on Which Heroes Are Best
- Base Design! And How to Earn Shards and XP From Your Base
- Great Info on the Different Hero Talent Types
- What’s the Best Talent for My Hero Based on Hero Type?
- A Smurf Account – not sure if this still works
- Castle Clash Bugs: What’s Broken and How to Fix It
- Castle Clash Security and Permissions
- Player’s guide from Shadow Consortium – don’t buy walls or electrotowers, why not to 100% on raids, and more
- Shadow Consortium Forums – lots of good discussion here from my old guild
Sadly there are a few players who are on the bubble for expulsion because they don’t play the game much, haul torches in torch battles when they shouldn’t, or haven’t donated after months of membership. In general these players have not communicated with me and have never showed for a boss fight. We do get other applicants and we prefer active members. We do require new members to install the app LINE and connect with us there so we can message the guild membership easily.
* aka Castle Clash server time, displayed above the gem count, top right corner
If you find this page helpful, PLEASE “Like” us using the buttons below! This helps us keep the site alive!